This thread came up recently in an online group i'm part of, and i was so struck by the candor and humour in the responses that i thought it worth a wider sharing...
You Know You're Bipolar When...
- on your way to cancelling the recently paid off credit card, it becomes mysteriously maxed out.
- You go to the shop for a pint of milk and come home
with a new car.
- You bring your own research to the doctor’s.
- ... when you know more about a medication than
the pharmacist dispensing it to you.
- You spend as much in co-pays as some people do on cable.
- when you try to keep track of your moods and stress levels in preparation for your pdoc's visit only to not remember the day of the visit.
- When you sit with a group of people at an event
and you say something you do that seems perfectly OK and they look at you in a strange way.
- wen u clean maniacally throughout the night or decide to make a cake early hours of the morning
- Feeling on top of the world usually ends in a hospital admission
- When you are feeling great. Feeling fine. Feeling on top of the world. As someone in uniform is asking you to please put on the straight-jacket for the ride to the hospital.
- ... you are in a good mood and you worry you're getting high.
- You're taking eight pills every night and four in the morning.
- There is never enough room on the form at a doctors office when they are asking what medication you are taking.
- wen ur life consists of appointments with different mental health professionals
- When boys say that you're attractive because you're mysterious and you just laugh because they have nooooooo idea.
- when you get so depressed you can't write anymore,
but can write beautiful elegies when manic.
- When your teenage kids tell you the music is way too loud.